Day 1: 5 things I love about myself.
1. I love the color of my eyes. No matter how terrible a day has been I can look in a mirror and fee like I’m drowning in the color of my eyes. Sounds a little strange but honestly something about the color makes me feel at peace.
2. I love being a wife and a mother. Nothing prepared me for the joys I’d have as a wife and a mother. Every morning I’m so happy to hear my husband tell he loves me as he heads off to work. And my heart turns to mush the second my daughter wakes up and yells Mama with her soft little voice. I think I kick butt at being a wife and a mom but honestly I don’t always give myself the credit and ove I deserve as one.
3. I love my ability to make friends. As a child and teenager I struggled to make true friends. But over the last few years I’ve made some of the best friends possible and I love that about myself.
4. I love my hands. I was born with 4 finger on each hand some webbing on one hand. Over the years especially as an adult my hands have been the thing I love the most about myself but it’s also the thing I’ve hated most. I hate being looked at funny or treated poorly. If like to let go of hate because my hands have been one of the biggest factors in who I am today. Plus once again I realized if I hate something as simple as that about myself then I can’t teach my daughter to love every physical feature she has.
5. I love the amount of love for others I feel. No matter if I just met you, met you years ago, you’ve done me wrong, or you haven’t I love you with all my heart. Something in my just says I have to love you. It’s as easy as, 123 as simple as, do re mi. Seriously the easy love I feel for others reminds me of the Jackson 5 song.
Let me be honest this was easy but also hard. It’s like I coudnt easily come up with things I love about myself but then when I did come up with one I would think to myself, “that was easy why did I complicate it”.
What are 5 things you love about yourself?